American Baptist Churches of Pennsylvania & Delaware
Employee & Volunteer Child Protection SCREENING
All individuals 14 years of age or older who apply for a paid position as an employee responsible for the welfare of a child or having direct contact with children will be required to submit the following information to their prospective employer, and thereafter, assuming the individual becomes employed, the same certifications will be required every 36 months.
1. PA State Wide Criminal Record Check - PATCH ($10)
2. Child Abuse Clearance Check with PA Child Welfare ($10)
3. Federal Criminal History Report - FBI Finger Printing (must be submitted to PA State Police) ($27.50)
4. Mandated Reporter Training (Not every 36 months but every 5 years) PA Child Welfare Resource Center - Pitt
All individuals 18 years of age or older who apply for an unpaid position as a volunteer responsible for the welfare of a child or having direct contact with children will be required to submit the same information as set forth for employees having direct contact with children, and thereafter, assuming the individual becomes a volunteer, the same certifications will be required every 36 months. However, only the Pennsylvania Criminal History report and the Certification from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and Mandatory Reporter Training will be required for a volunteer if the following 3 conditions apply:
1. the volunteer position is in fact unpaid;
2. the prospective volunteer has been a Pennsylvania resident for a period of no less than 10 years immediately prior to the application for a volunteer position; and
3. the prospective volunteer swears or affirms in writing that he/she is not disqualified from service under the provisions of the law. (this would be done through a prepared consent form)
Screening Options -
1. The PA State Police Criminal Record Check and the Child Abuse Clearance Check through PA Human Services can be done through Protect My Ministry. Go To Protect My Ministry Page Information.
2. The PA State Police Criminal Record Check can be done at the PATCH Website.
3. The PA Child Abuse Clearance with PA Dept. Child Welfare.
4. FBI Fingerprinting Registration and Find Finger Printing Locations. https://www.pa.cogentid.com/ohio/PAResultsInfo.htm